March 04, 2015

Atop an Antenna


Image via Flickr :
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2898/14561831200_3a14f052e0_n.jpg

“Why do you cry your heart out?’ I ask of the Parrot that sits at the top of an antenna opposite my flat. I began noticing this cry about two weeks ago. Initially, I used to hear a squawking every evening. One day after straining my eyes out of the window, I saw this bright green, beautiful bird. To me even his first sounds seemed like a painful cry. I say this because I have heard the high pitched excited screeching of a flock of Parrots flying near the house many times to know the difference. They used to dive, glide, chase each other and make plenty of noise.

But this lonely majestic bird sounded lost. I would say this to him….

Why do you cry, little one
 painfully cry
A call to your partner
 Loud and clear ?
She whom death tore
Away from you or..
Your bonds having come off
 You don’t know what to do.

Why do you come, when
dawn is new
Crying out, for me to
 Listen to you
I fail to bring relief
 For you,
Even though you daily
 Remind me to.
Oh handsome one!
 What do I do?
Who else is there
 To hear you plead

I wish to hear, no more
 Tomorrow,
Hoping you have
 Lost your sorrow.
But call out anew, afresh,
 On every morn that dawns.
Live. Dear one,
 Let strength return
In your hidden heart
 That throbs and burns

(As he sits on the silent steel, he does not know that they just receive signals and do not transmit them. Wish they did.)

No comments: